The Diana Ryall Scholarship Program
Diana founded Xplore in 2002 with an exclusive focus on programs, coaching, events and inspiration to support and encourage women in achieving their career aspirations. Today, we partner with individuals and leaders to enable them to clarify their purpose, accelerate their career, embrace inclusion and lead with passion. We continue to passionately advocate for women in leadership, and for as long as women are underrepresented in leadership roles across our society, our programs and executive coaching services for women will remain the cornerstone of our business. Today, we are launching The Diana Ryall Scholarship Program as an expansion of our offering and an ongoing commitment to our purpose to raise and lift women, inclusion and equity.
In 2020, our inaugural scholarship year, we are offering two scholarship places to Indigenous and CALD women who are keen to advance their career, expand their leadership impact, define their leadership legacy and make a difference in their community.
The WHY: Diana's story
During my working life, I became more and more aware that being a woman made it much more difficult to thrive in my career. The cultural assumptions about being a woman and a mother affected the opportunities available. When I became CEO of Apple in Australia, I had the opportunity to speak out to make a difference within Apple, within the IT industry and further afield. On leaving Apple, I founded Xplore for Success to support women in their careers. Now after almost 20 years, Xplore continues to support women at all levels of their careers and just as importantly Xplore focuses on inclusion and equity. With this in mind, in our launch year of 2020, The Diana Ryall Scholarship Program will focus on Indigenous and CALD women to support and advance their careers.
The WHAT: The Diana Ryall Scholarship Program 2020
This is a 6-month scholarship, valued at over $6,000 comprising:
- Attendance at our flagship Career Resilience virtual program, facilitated via Zoom.
- Mentoring with Diana Ryall: 2 x 1-hour sessions.
- Professional Coaching: 4 x 1-hour coaching sessions with an Xplore Accredited Executive Coach.
- Women's Agenda online news: 12-month membership.
- Attend a self-selected leadership event or TEDx event in your capital city, up to $500.
The HOW: Applications are now open!
The Diana Ryall Scholarship Program 2020 is open to Indigenous and CALD women who are keen to advance their career, expand their leadership impact, define their leadership legacy and make a difference in their community. We encourage women located anywhere within
Australia, including regional and remote regions, to apply.
We have made applying easy! We only need three things from you to apply:
- An application letter, explaining why you are applying for the scholarship and how you believe it will support you in your career, leadership and community-based aspirations (maximum of 500 words).
- Your resume (or CV, bio).
- Name and contact details of a referee.
Email your application letter and resume to: email@example.com with 'Scholarship Application' in the subject line, by 10 July 2020.
Xplore for Success